Front Porch Farm is seeking a responsible and enthusiastic person to join our farmer’s market team for the 2019 season! A diverse certified organic market farm, Front Porch grows vegetable crops, specialty cut flowers, polenta corn, and heritage pork and lamb, all sold proudly at various Bay Area farmers markets. We are looking for someone to meet our truck at the Thursday San Rafael Civic Center Farmers Market each week and join another member of our farm team in selling our wares for the duration of the market. The Farmers Market Vendor is the ambassador of the farm and creates a welcoming, informative and enjoyable shopping experience for the general public.
– Assist work partner in setting up the stand prior to the start of the market. Create and maintain a visually appealing farmer’s market display catered to the ease and enjoyment of the customer.
– Provide excellent customer service and communication.
– Knowledgeably and enthusiastically discuss our products and our organic/sustainable farming practices with the public. Educate customers about the uses of our produce and meat and share cooking tips!
– Conduct accurate sales transactions
– Keep market supplies organized and maintained (containers, signs, tables, tents, etc.) during set-up, market and breakdown.
Thursdays, 6:45am-2pm (end-time fluctuates based on how long it takes to pack up. Sales transactions end at 1pm). Position to begin immediately.
Compensation: $100/market plus excess perishable produce at the end of the day. Pay may increase with experience.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
– A great communicator who is able to deliver excellent customer service
– Enthusiastic about organic agriculture and interested in having meaningful interactions with the public around food and farming
– Enjoys working hard and has the ability to comfortably and safely lift and carry 50 lbs
– Detail-oriented and organized
– Farming and/or cooking experience is a bonus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application” in the subject line.